Concrete Parking Lot Contractors
Silver Spur contractors provides turn-key concrete parking lot construction and repair services in the Greater Houston and surrounding areas.
Get a Quote For Your Project
Asphalt Parking Lots vs. Concrete Parking Lots
Asphalt and concrete are the two most common materials used for constructing parking lots. Both have their own set of benefits and drawbacks, and it’s important to carefully weigh the pros and cons before making a decision. Here is a more in-depth comparison of asphalt and concrete parking lots:
- Asphalt is a flexible paving material made from a mixture of aggregate, sand, and bitumen. It is relatively cheap to install compared to concrete and can be easily molded to fit the shape of the parking lot.
- However, asphalt requires regular maintenance to keep it in good condition. This includes sealing, crack filling, and repaving every few years. In areas with extreme temperature fluctuations or heavy rainfall, the maintenance cost can be even higher.
- Asphalt is also prone to damage from extreme heat. In hot weather, the bitumen in asphalt can soften and become more susceptible to rutting, potholes, and other types of damage. This can result in costly repairs and early resurfacing.
- Asphalt absorbs heat and can retain it for a long time, leading to high surface temperatures. This can be uncomfortable for pedestrians, especially in high foot traffic areas such as parking lots.
- Concrete is a rigid paving material made from a mixture of cement, water, and aggregate. It is more expensive to install compared to asphalt, but it has a longer lifespan and requires minimal maintenance.
- Concrete is more resistant to extreme weather conditions, including heat and cold. It is less prone to cracking, rutting, and other types of damage, which means it requires fewer repairs and resurfacing.
- Concrete has a lower surface temperature compared to asphalt, making it more comfortable for pedestrians. It is also easier to clean and maintain, as it doesn’t absorb stains or oils like asphalt does.
Asphalt parking lots:
Concrete parking lots:
Overall, it’s important to consider the long-term cost of maintenance and the climate in your area when deciding between asphalt and concrete for your parking lot. While asphalt may be cheaper upfront, concrete may be a more cost-effective option in the long run due to its lower maintenance costs and longer lifespan.
Advantages of Concrete Parking Lots
In comparison to asphalt pavement, the inherent features of concrete pavement are well-suited for parking lot construction applications. Concrete pavement is typically lighter in color and will reflect more of the sun’s heat than asphalt can, therefore, resulting in a comparably lower parking lot temperature. Furthermore, and more importantly, concrete pavement requires significantly less maintenance and has a longer life cycle than asphalt due to its higher durability.
When you choose Silver Spur Contractors for your concrete parking lot construction project, you’re choosing Houston’s best in commercial concrete construction. Our trusted contractors have years of experience building long-lasting concrete parking lots, repairing & maintaining existing concrete parking lots, and adding custom aesthetics for new concrete parking lot projects. To discuss your project, contact us at 713-482-7711 or contact us online for a quote.
Types of Parking Lot Construction
Our turn-key construction includes:
New concrete parking lot installation and paving
This refers to the process of installing a new concrete parking lot from scratch. This typically involves preparing the site, pouring the concrete, and finishing it to create a smooth, durable surface.
Concrete coloring, stamping and texturing
These are decorative techniques that can be used to add visual appeal to a concrete parking lot. Coloring involves adding pigments to the concrete mix to create a desired color, while stamping involves pressing patterns into the surface to create a textured finish. Texturing involves creating a rough surface finish using a variety of techniques.
Concrete parking lot maintenance and sealing
Maintenance and sealing are important for keeping a concrete parking lot in good condition. Maintenance may involve cleaning and repairing any cracks or damage to the surface. Sealing involves applying a protective coating to the surface to help prevent staining and improve the overall appearance of the parking lot.
Concrete parking lot repair
This refers to the process of fixing any damage to a concrete parking lot, such as cracks or potholes. Repair work may involve filling in cracks, resurfacing the surface, or replacing damaged sections.
Concrete parking lot striping
Striping involves painting lines and markings on the surface of a parking lot to create designated parking spaces and traffic lanes. This helps to improve the organization and safety of the parking lot.
Concrete parking lot demolition
This refers to the process of tearing down an existing concrete parking lot and removing all of the debris. This may be necessary if the parking lot is in poor condition or if it is being replaced with a new one.
Concrete Parking Lot Design-Builder
As a concrete parking lot design-builder, Silver Spur Contractors is responsible for managing every aspect of the project from start to finish. This includes developing the initial design concept, obtaining necessary permits, preparing the site for construction, and executing the actual construction work.
By using a design-build approach, Silver Spur Contractors is able to streamline the project process and offer a number of benefits to clients. For example, the design-build model allows the company to value engineer the project, which means finding ways to optimize the design and construction processes to save time and money. It also allows the company to control costs by eliminating the markup that can be added by subcontractors.
In addition to offering comprehensive design-build services, Silver Spur Contractors also specializes in concrete parking lot construction and repair. The company’s services are designed to withstand the daily wear and tear of weather, vehicles, and pedestrians, ensuring that clients have a durable and long-lasting parking lot.
Silver Spur Contractors offers concrete parking lot construction & repair services proven to endure the daily wear and tear of weather, vehicles, and pedestrians. Call Silver Spur Contractors at 713-482-7711 or contact us online to get started.